Panasonic India ‘I Recycle’ Program
E-waste: A concern, an opportunity
Electronic waste (e-waste) is a rising concern. An estimated quantity of 20 – 50 million tonnes of e-waste is generated worldwide each year. A lot of it is reusable and recyclable, if only it were channelized properly. And a lot of it is hazardous, unless disposed properly.
As citizens of the world, you and I have a responsibility to help deal with this.
With virgin resources of raw materials facing rapid depletion, e-waste can actually turn into an alternate source. For that, we need to have a system in place for recycling.
The mission of Panasonic is to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by year 2018 making the “environment” central to all its business activities and bring forth innovation by way of green life innovation and green business innovation.
It’s not just a mission; it’s a way of life.
Panasonic: The environment’s best friend
Environment is at the centre of Panasonic’s activities globally. Worldwide, we are a green company, committed to:
- Live in harmony with the environment and strive to achieve zero emission across all business activities.
- Develop and improve preventive measures and compliance with law, and promote continuous implementation.
- Effectively use and conserve natural resources to realize a recycling based society
- Build a closed and cooperative relationship with society.
Our responsibility towards e-waste recycling
At Panasonic we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products. Under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), called E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011, which comes into effect from 1st May 2012,
- Panasonic will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
- Panasonic will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management
‘I Recycle’: Panasonic’s comprehensive e-waste recycling program
I - Connects with Panasonic’s eco tag line ‘I am doing my bit’
Recycle – Panasonic goes one step ahead of the requirements of E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011, notified by the MoEF. It not only channelizes electronic waste to authorized recyclers but also ensures its environmentally sound recycling.
Replacing Panasonic India’s currently existing ‘Voluntary End-of-Life Recycling Program’, the ‘I Recycle’ Program has come into place from May 1, 2012. The program reinforces Panasonic’s commitment to protect the environment and makes it very easy for consumers to recycle their electronic waste.
What can be recycled?
- Office e-waste
- Telephones (all types)
- Electrical and electronic typewriters
- Fax machines
- Printers, including cartridges
- Copying equipment
- User terminals and systems
- Notebook and notepad computers
- E-waste generated from manufacturing of electrical and electronic equipment at the Panasonic factories in India
- E-waste generated from service centres and brand shops of Panasonic India
- The End-of-Life (EOL) products—those that have run out their utility to us—received from the consumers
- Air conditioners excluding centralized air conditioning plants
- Washing machines
- TV sets based on CRT, LCD, LED technology
How ‘I Recycle’ works
- Start here
Each Panasonic product in India comes with a product information booklet. This carries instructions on how to dispose the product when it reaches the end of its life.
Look for the Wheelie Bin logo and the instructions (which are included in English as well as Hindi) as shown below:
For the purpose of recycling to facilitate effective utilization of resources, please return this product to a nearby authorized Collection Centre, registered Dismantler or Recycler, or Panasonic Service Centre when disposing of this product.
What the Wheelie Bin symbol means: The symbol says don’t dispose your e-waste into the municipal waste collection bins. That’s because these wastes are hazardous in nature and need to be recycled in a special way.
- How to dispose a product
Carry it to the nearest collection point listed below
Contact information: 1800 103 1333(toll-free number)
- Products offered for recycling are not eligible for Exchange Offers
- The service for recycling End-of-Life (EOL) Products can be availed by consumers for Panasonic branded products only under ‘I Recycle’ Program’
- Panasonic reserves the right to modify / change any part of the ‘I Recycle’ Program’ at any time at its sole discretion.
- All disputes related to or arising out of this program are subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts in Delhi only.
Click here to know Panasonic Collection Point Locations
Click here to know the Factory Locations