Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, Panasonic Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of electronic products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial needs based on innovative and energy efficient technologies. With a clear vision to become the number 1 Green Innovation company in the electronics industry by FY 2018, Panasonic strongly believes in designing products and solutions keeping the environment in mind. Under its global Eco Ideas umbrella, the company develops energy-efficient, state-of-the-art products and encourages customers to live eco-conscious lifestyles with an aim to reduce carbon emissions in households and manufacturing units.
Panasonic in India: Panasonic commenced its operations in India in the year 1972 and has shown a 200 percent growth in the past three years; and visions to become India’s largest electronics and durables brand by 2018. At Panasonic, designers and engineers constantly endeavor to ensure that each evolution of product is better than its previous version by following stringent process to develop products that are more energy efficient, water efficient and durable.
- Workforce of 12,650 people across India currently
- Market outreach: Over 134 exclusive Brand Shops pan-India, 27 P4 (Panasonic Premium Partner Program) outlets spread across the country and total 1184 unique service centres to provide one-stop solutions. Panasonic currently has 28 branch offices
- Turnover: Panasonic India registered sales of Rs 5,500 crore (USD 1042 million) in FY 2011 and an estimated turnover of Rs 10,000 crores (USD 1940 million) in FY 2012. The company has recently invested USD 300 million in the country to set up an R&D and manufacturing facility and on various marketing initiatives.
- Panasonic largest manufacturing Unit at Jhajjar is under construction and is envisaged to be completed by Nov 2012. The new unit will manufacture air-conditioners, washing machines, welding and cutting machines after December 2012, with an investment of about US $200 million over a period of five years and the mass production will start in January 2013.
- Panasonic Appliances (PAPIN): Established in 1988 for manufacture, import, marketing and sales of kitchen appliances and small domestic appliances. PAPIN is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Panasonic AVC India [PAVCI]: Established in 1996, for manufacturer of CRT TVs and LCDs. PAVCI is based in Noida, UP
- Panasonic Energy India Co Ltd [PECIN]: Established in 1972, for manufacture and sales of dry cell batteries. PEIN is based in Baroda, Gujarat.
- Panasonic Carbon India [PCIN]: Established in 1982, for manufacture and sales of carbon rods. PCIN is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Anchor Electricals: Wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic electric works manufacturing over 3000 products under 20 major product groups including Switches and Wiring devices, Wires and Cables, Circuit breakers & Protection devices, Fans, Lights & Luminaries established in 2007.
Divisional Sales under Panasonic India
- Panasonic Marketing India (PMIN): CE (TV, Audio, Home Theatre), HA (AC, WM, Ref., MWO, Beauty Care, Vacuum cleaner, Water Purifier) & Digital Imaging (Camera & Movie)
- System Sales Division: Makes available display, projectors, telephones, PBX/KTS, fax machines, security and networking products.
- Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales India: For making available compressors, motors for air conditioners and refrigerators, various batteries and many other industrial applications, components for printed circuit boards, flat and plasma panel for flat TV and plasma TV, heat exchanger for BTS relating applications, equipments for manufacturing industry.
- Panasonic Automotive Systems India: Specializes in sales and support of in-car equipment and systems that provide comfort, such as multimedia equipment, safety, environmental protection and power management solutions
Divisional Factory under Panasonic India
- Appliances Company India: Factory for manufacture of kitchen appliances and small domestic appliances
- Panasonic Welding Systems India: For manufacture of arc welding equipments and related products based in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Panasonic R&D Center India: For developing India specific products based in Gurgaon
Outline of Panasonic India
||Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd.(PI)
||No. 88, 6th Floor, “ SPIC building Annexe”
Mount Road, Guindy, Chennai – 600032
||First Floor, ABW Tower, IFFCO Chowk,
Sector 25, Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana, India
|Date of Establishment
||Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd.(Consumer Sales Division) was established on 14th July 2006.
|Wholly Owned Subsidiary
||Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd.(Consumer Sales Division) is a sales, marketing and distribution company for the Panasonic brand of consumer durable and home appliance products in India. PI registered office is in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.